The Race : 2016 Baja 1000 Nov 16-20th
Taking place in Mexico’s Baja California Peninsula the Baja 1000 is a gruling off-road racing that spands over 800 miles and is the last race of the four-race series. Everything from buggies, motorcycles, and custom fabricated vehicles will be all be competing on for best time. This year will be the 49th annual event which goes from November 16th through to the 20th with race day starting on the 18th.
The Driver : Justin Davis
Justin Davis, born on May 12, 1993 in Chino Hills, California. From the time he was only several weeks old, he attended his first SCORE International Baja 500 where his father, Kevin was racing. While some may think it’s crazy to take a newborn to one of the toughest off-road races in the world, Justin’s family eats, sleeps and breathes off-road racing. Justin began racing at the young age of 14 in his 1600 car in the SNORE and MORE series. Justin has participated in all forms of off-road racing since he got started in these grass-roots racing organizations. Justin has spent many hours clicking off miles to gain valuable experience in the 1600, Class 12, Unlimited Class 1, and now the two current vehicles the Class 10 car and the Trophy Truck. As the “young gun” Justin developed his driving skills and increased his speed, he moved into the International Desert Racing Series Ultimately becoming the youngest SCORE Champion in the history winning the SCORE Lite Championship and Class 1 at the ages of 17 & 18 respectively. Justin is currently a Three Time Baja 1000 winner. Justin currently races in the SCORE International Series and the Best in the Desert Series in both Trophy Truck and Class 10. “Racing a Trophy Truck against the best in the world is a dream come true and will be my continued focus for the 2016 Season.”
- 2nd place at the Mint 400 at the age of 14 respectively
- Being the youngest to win the Baja 1000 back to back, first in the SCORE Lite with Daniel Folts and soloing it the following year in the Unlimited Class 1. Both these lead to Championships in SCORE.
- True Grit Award for both Unlimited Class 1 and Score Lite
- 2011 received Dirt Sports Rookie of the Year and was also nominated for Driver of the Year.
- Overall winner at the HDRA King Shocks 250 in the Jimco Trophy Truck
- Overall winner in 2013 & 2014 Battle at Primm in Trophy Truck
- Overall winner in 2014 at SCORE International Imperial Valley Class 10
- Class 1 Unlimited winner and 4th Overall SCORE International Baja 1000 winner
- Class 10 Best In the Desert Vegas to Reno winner
The Fitout : Vision X Lighting
1. Optimus Prime
The new Optimus Prime doesn’t sacrifice light output to achieve an ultra-compact housing. Actually the opposite. The Optimus Prime outperforms traditional Halogen Off Road Lighting solutions in both distance and output, all while fitting within a housing that doesn’t look bulky and in the way.
- Available as 2 Light Set with Wiring Harness
- Proprietary IRIS Reflector Technology
- Available in Single or Dual LED
2. XPR Light Bar
The XPR Light bar series provides a powerful distance light bar option, that has distance comparable to HID with all the benefits of LED. The XPR combines powerful 10 watt LEDs with IRIS reflector technology to outshine and outlast.
- 12″ – 51″ Lengths Available
- Long Distance Projection
- Up to 29,133 Raw Lumens
3. 8.7″ Light Cannons
The Vision X 8.7″ Light Cannon uses a single source 90-Watt LED and advanced IRIS reflector technology to place it at the top of its class for single source LED lighting. The Light Cannon utilizes a focused beam pattern to provide an amazing 3,280 feet of usable light.
- Available snap-on Polycarbonate Covers
- High-Intensity 90-Watt top binned LED
- 3,280 feet of usable light